Thursday, July 31, 2008

2 weeks...Seriously?!

Wow! Where have the past couple weeks gone? Mark has been fussing at me to update, so here goes...
I know you've been on the edge of your seats waiting for a labor and delivery story, but I just can't think that cohesively right now. Maybe one day I'll get around to that one for those who are interested. Let's just say it didn't go like I expected, but it got Reed here.

Reed had his 2 week dr. appointment today...yup, 2 weeks! I was shocked when I found out he now weighs 8 pounds, 9 ounces. The goal of this weigh-in was to make sure he had gained his birth weight back. Which he had plus an addition 1 pound, and 1 ounce! He is now 21 3/8 inches long, up from 20 inches. I know the goal is for him to grow up and get bigger, but I really wish he would just stop it right now!

As for me, one minute I'm ready to get out of the house and go back to aerobics and running and the next minute, all I want to do is stay home, lay on the couch, and sleep (but not for more than an hour and a half at a time!). After being so active during my pregnancy, this two week break from exercise is making me feel really blah. I'm trying my best to be smart and not get in too big of a hurry to get back to normal, well, my new normal. According to all I've read, I will be better off waiting a little too long rather than starting back a little too early. I can't wait to see what it feels like to teach aerobics and go run without my big belly!

Okay, I've changed my mind. Here's just the labor and delivery highlights. Monday morning - taught aerobics class (had to mention that b/c I'm kinda proud of it!). Monday night, 9 pm - water broke, went to hospital, was told to settle in for a long night. Tuesday morning, 6 or 7 am - still no progress, induced with pitocin. Wednesday, 12:44 am - Reed was born.

Here's a few pictures. Now, I'm off to watch Reed sleeping...it's one of my favorite things to do these days!





5 comments:

Mrs. McMillen said...

so cute! with how active and in shape you were, I'm so surprised it took you that long to have him! I figured your labor would be so quick!! :) anyway, he's a cutie! congrats again! :)

Mark and Mandy said...

you and me both!

Kacie said...

The birth announcement is adorable! I love it! He is so cute. Can you believe it's been two weeks? Time flies by!

Jennifer said...

So glad to see y'all last night! He is too sweet.

Kacie said...

It's time for an update...WITH pictures!